- In the Binn Valley in the Swiss Alps lies one of the world’s purest deposits of
dolomite, calcium-magnesium carbonate. The purity is so pronounced that
single crystals up to the cm range can be found there.
The pure white small crystals look like caster sugar. In some places
the occurrence is gray colored, which by the pronounced crystal surfaces the
production of an almost luminous gray pigment.
- From the Swiss Alps. Sugar Dolomite consists of small, pure white crystals.
- Lightfastness – medium: 8 (1 is bad, 8 is best)
- Lightfastness – thinned: 8 (1 is bad, 8 is best)
- Lightfastness – concentrated: 8 (1 is bad, 8 is best)
- ColorIndex: PW 18:1.77220:1, 77713:1
- Suitability: Acrylics, Lime / Fresco, Oil, Tempera, Watercolor / Gouache
- Colors: White